Wednesday, October 22, 2014

MYST Post #3: White Bird in a Blizzard

One day when I was looking for a movie to watch on On Demand I came across a movie White Bird in  A Blizzard. It has not come out to theaters yet, but I watched it on On Demand in the category before theaters. right when I saw the trailer I wanted to watch it. The movie is starring Shailene Woodley, Christopher Meloni, Eva Green, Shiloh Fernandez, Angela Bassett,and Thomas Jane. The movie is set in 1988 and it is about a teenage girl whose world changes when her mom goes missing. Just as her mom goes missing she starts the point in her life when she starts relishing her newfound sexuality. The movie is her life without her mom, but it doesn't seem to affect her that much for some reason. The end has a crazy twist.

The craziest scene that happened was the end scene that reveals what really happened. Usually in Movies especially movies with a mystery aspect I can guess what happens. In this movie my prediction was wrong. I thought that the mom was having an affair with Kat's (Shailene Woodley) boyfriend because it kind of made it seem like that. I thought that the father found out and then killed her, but 
I was wrong. (Spoiler Alert) I was not wrong about the dad killing the mom, but i was wrong about Kat's boyfriend. The end scene of the movie is the mother arriving home. As she walks into her room she find the father having sex with Kat's boyfriend. She started laughing and her husband and he told her to stop laughing, but she woulnd't. So he choked her and put her in the freezer he had in the basement.  My jaw dropped to the ground at the last scene I was not expecting it. It was a great twist that I did not see coming. 

I think the actors did a great job in this movie. Some people think that since Shailene was in this show called Secret Life of the American teenager that she is a bad actor because it was not a good show acting wise. I do not think people should judge her acting based off of that show because she is actually a good actress and did a great job in this movie. Christopher Meloni is best known for his role of Elliot Stabler in Law & Order: SVU and I think that he also did good in this movie. I really liked this movie and I want to read the book. I wanted to wait after I read the book to watch the movie, but I just couldn't wait. I really wanted to see it and really enjoyed this movie
I give this movie 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment